Joining the trend of /uses, on this page I list the gadgets and software I normally use.
I am quite minimalist, and I prefer to use what solves my needs well enough, rather than products with much more than what I need.
- My main computer is a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
- I connect it via USB-C to a 4K 27" LG monitor, which also charges the battery.
- I use a MX Master 3 mouse.
- I type on a MX Keys keyboard.
- My cell phone is an iPhone 12 Mini. I don't change phones often. If it works for what I need it for, I keep it. I charge it wirelessly, very convenient.
- After going through the original iPad and iPad 2, after many years, I now have a 2018 iPad Pro that we use at home, primarily for watching videos. My daughter uses an iPad Mini 4.
- On my wrist, I wear an Apple Watch Series 4. It works great for me to follow the Pomodoro technique, track my workouts, control the volume of podcasts and videos, check the temperature, and a long etcetera.
- For my moments of disconnection and leisure around the house, I play on a Nintendo Switch. I was a big Sega fan with a Megadrive in my pre-teen years back in the 90s, and since I miss that era, Nintendo is what I prefer now.
- I record my videos with the iPhone 12 Mini.
- Elgato Key Light Air.
- To listen to music at home, I have an Apple HomePod. Its sound is excellent.
- I also have an Amazon Echo Dot that we use in the living room.
- I use my AirPods 2 daily at home.
- Outside home, I use the AirPods Pro.
- I record voice-overs in my courses with an Apogee HypeMiC.
- I use macOS as my personal operating system.
- I mainly use Apple apps: Mail, Notes, Reminders, Calendar, Photos, Messages, Safari, Pages, Numbers, Keynote...
To get organized:
- Things and Reminders for to-do lists.
- MindNode for mind maps.
- Project Office for Gantt charts.
- I really like 1Password to store all sensitive information.
- In a corner, I have OpenEmu, to remember the old days playing beat 'em ups in real arcades.
- On servers, I use Linux as the operating system.
- I use Brave Browser and Safari Technology Preview when developing locally.
- My favorite code editor is TextMate 2, although sometimes I use Visual Studio Code (primarily for Tailwind CSS). The font I use is Apple's SF Mono.
- I use the system default terminal app without any customization.
- SourceTree is excellent for managing Git repositories.
- For working with images, I use Pixelmator Pro, and for vectors, I use Logoist.
Software for video courses
- I record and edit screencasts with ScreenFlow.
- I edit the camera recording in Apple Final Cut.
- Sometimes, I do some animation with Apple Motion.